Sunday, January 29, 2012

Celebrating Freddie Prinze


Today marks the 35th anniversary of the day we lost Freddie, but rather than feeling sad (although it's really hard not to, even now), I'd like celebrate Freddie's short but fantastic career. Last summer I dedicated a week to his fabulous talent and in my retrospective I looked at Chico and the Man, his sole TV movie Million Dollar Ripoff (by the way, it's still streaming on Netflix and Hulu, so check out the links in the review) and the TVM biopic about his life titled Can You Hear the Laughter.

Freddie was a one of a kind talent, and someone I have adored for as long as I can remember. I'll be spending a little more time thinking about his smile today and I hope you do too.

3 comments:

francisco said...

ejem... sorry but who was Freddie Prinze and whay he was so famous? by the way had he got a son with his same name or there is other actor with this name?

francisco said...

why he was so famous?

Amanda By Night said...

Hi Francisco, Freddie starred on a sitcom called Chico and the Man and he died quite young (22) by suicide which was shocking. I covered as much as I could on him last summer, so please feel free to check out the links in this post, and learn a little bit about him.

And yes, Freddie Prinze Jr. his his son.

Thanks for stopping by.