Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Update! It's a Scorcher!



I would like to say there is lots going on here at Made for TV Mayhem, but what I mean is I wish there was lots going on. Not sure it's the exhaustion from the move or just the damn heat, but I feel like I am swimming in glue. Sexy, no? Unpacking has also added to my woes, as I find that although my TV movie collection has found a home in my new office, the rest of the stuff refuses to unpack itself. The nerve! So tonight I have links and a new poll!

If you look to your right you will see I chose this month as Women in Prison month. There have been some surprisingly gritty small screen WiP flicks and I'm currently working on a review of one. I fudged it a bit and added Charlie's Angels because the episode Angels in Chains is so damn iconic, it just can't be left out. I also decided to skip the newer Lifetime-esque films, even though I love them because that's a whole other poll! The wheels are turnin'...

As for last month's poll, it's no surprise that Don't Be Afraid of the Dark didn't just walk away with top honors, it ran down the street and into another county! This House Possessed was a distant second and almost all of the films got at least one vote, except for poor Bay Coven, which is really quite good. I was surprised by that one!

If you are looking to escape the heat (and aren't we all?), please stop by Joanna Wilson's Christmas TV Companion blog where she is having Christmas in Joo-lie! She is concentrating on our favorite holiday TV from the 90s and has oodles of guest bloggers lending her a hand. Please stop by often to see all of her updates. Who knows, maybe you'll even catch a chill!

I have some new reviews at Retro Slashers, so please stop by and read my thoughts on The Boogens and Silent Rage. And if you are so inclined, please join RS's Facebook page. We try to post there daily, so if you are all nostalgic for slice and dice, this is the place for you!

And finally, I will be returning to the Movies about Girls podcast this Saturday at 8 pm EST where we will be talking about those awesomely bitchy Heathers! Turn in, turn on and drop out!

2 comments:

Wings1295 said...

Lots of fun stuff going on! Enjoy the Summer!

Joanna said...

Thanks for the link! I'd love for you to guest blog again--when the stress and exhaustion of moving is over.

I'm dying from the heat too :)