Sunday, June 12, 2011

We're Gonna Make it After All!



The movers come tomorrow and then we are on our way to a new life. Thinking about all that has happened in the last year or so, I suddenly find myself feeling at one with my favorite ladies from the Mary Tyler Moore Show.

When Mary Tyler Moore started life anew, she was not prepared for the hijinks or Mr. Grant, but she looked none the worse for wear (and she got to date Ted Bessell!):



Rhoda moved back to NYC and found love with Joe (Rawr!), and although it didn't last long, she always managed to make the most of every situation:



After Lars died, Phyllis moved to San Francisco to stay with his family. She remained a little loopy but always found her way back to the top:



And these women had some serious fashion prowess. I see many turtlenecks in my future!

4 comments:

aunt john said...

Who can turn the world on with her smile?

It's you Amanda By Night & you know it!

Propagatrix said...

And SCARVES. Don't forget the scarves!

Tanner said...

Pittsburgh, eh? So that's where you went! This is Matt from LA. (And Borders.) I watched the Evil Dead trilogy at the Egyptian last night and it reminded me of all the horror movies we used to go to there years ago and I wondered where you got to. Sorry to shanghai your comments here, but I'm glad to finally find you on the web again and see you're still writing! I'm sorry we fell out of touch. Shoot me an email through my blog when you get settled in Pittsburgh; I'd love to catch up.

Amanda By Night said...

Hey John, Awwww! Thanks!

Propagatrix, thanks for the reminder.I JUST got a magazine that shows you how to achieve that Rhoda head scarf effect. My husband cringes, but I think I'm gonna try it!

MATT! oh man, how are you? I think about you often, and so glad you found me! Is your email through that link? I guess I'll find out! If you don't hear from me, there's a little email tab on each post here... Talk to you soon!