Saturday, January 29, 2011

More Cool TV Stuff!


I can't let the day go by without wishing Tom Selleck a very happy birthday. My favorite private detective turned 66 today. I wrote this birthday post last year, which features some still shots from his first TV movie! So if you want to get your Magnum-on, I suggest you clicka da link!


Also, I am pleased beyond words to let you know that Exhumed Films will be holding a screening of Gargoyles on March 25th! The theater is located in Philadelphia, so if you think you'll be around, visit their site for the deets. What a great film to show on the big screen. Although I think it's aged a bit, the overall effects are wonderful and I just love that Bernie Casey - he's my favorite sexy scaly monster! You can click on this link to read my review of Gargoyles. (btw, a big thinks to Michael at Cinema Du Meep for the heads up on this!)


Also, you should pick up issue number 5 of Stiff Magazine to check out their retrospective on Don't Be Afraid of the Dark! Although I don't have a copy (yet), I am familiar with the writer, William J. Wright and he's wonderful. It's definitely a must read if you love TV movies!



And finally, I saw that Terror at London Bridge is streaming on Hulu! It's got David Hasselhoff, Adrienne Barbeau and Clu Gulager. You can click on the link to read my review over at Retro Slashers.

2 comments:

phairhead said...

Gargoyles scared the bejesus out of me when i was a kid!

Amanda By Night said...

phairhead, I love Gargoyles. It's probably the movie I watched the most during my very early childhood. It seemed to always be on and I was really into it. The costumes are fantastic!