Monday, May 3, 2010

More TV Movie DVD News



It finally looks like Dark Night of the Scarecrow is going to see the light of day! After being tossed about here and there, the kind folks at VCI Entertainment have seen fit to give this incredible horror film a legit release, complete with director & writer commentary! Release date is scheduled for September 28th, 2010! Pre-order it through Amazon now!




In other, slightly less exciting news, Warner Archive has added a TV Movie & Miniseries tag to their site. Buying TVMs has never been easier! And they've got lots and lots of wonderful stuff...

The day just got a little brighter!

7 comments:

Jeff Allard said...

Finally! I've been waiting to add this to my DVD collection for ages! I watched my VHS copy of DNOTS again about a year ago and even though it was a made-for-TV movie, it holds up better than most theatrical releases of the time. Great story, great cast, great atmosphere!

aunt john said...

The bestest news I've heard all day...love, love, love this movie!

kindertrauma said...

Wow. I actually LOVE that Dark Night of the Scarecrow DVD cover, they did a great job! -Unk

Amanda By Night said...

It's about time isn't it! I'm SO excited, and I agree Unk, the dvd box art isn't bad at all. I'm really looking forward to the commentary track. I agree with you, Jeff, that this movie is on par with the theatricals of the era... I'm blown away by how well it has stood the test of time!

Frederick said...

This is good news, I can finally put away my grainy VHS taped-from-TV copy of this movie, taped in the 80's!

Took long enough, but I'm looking forward to it!

"Bubba didn't do it!"

Tog said...

I'm delighted that Warners Archive has released Irwin Allen's five made-for-TV disaster movies, but unfortunately one of them ("The Night the Bridge Fell Down") has a manufacturing error that locks out the LAST SEVEN MINUTES. Hopefully, they get that fixed soon. "Fire!" "Flood!" "Hanging by a Thread" and "Cave-In!" all work fine. "Thread" and "Bridge" are both full-length, two-disc sets.

Amanda By Night said...

Hi Fred, thanks for commenting. It's a well deserved release!

Tog, thanks for the heads up on The Night the Bridge Fell Down. I just moved and only have a couple of the Warner TV Movie releases. I hope one day to get them all. Sounds like you're way ahead of me! :) Thanks for stopping by!