Tuesday, September 30, 2008

News!



Just thought I'd update everyone on the exciting escapades of Amanda By Night! Well, not so exciting, but I have a few new articles floating around the ether:

My review of The Governor’s Wife is on Pretty Scary. This article is a kick-off to my new PS column I’m calling Lifetime Kills, which will be all about the awesome Lifetime Suspense Thrillers that I can't seem to get enough of.

I wrote a review for a new zombie movie called The Vanguard over at Horror Yearbook. I am planning a column over there too, but until I really get rolling, I won't say what I'm focusing on, but I'm excited about it and it's a sub-genre that just doesn't get enough attention (and some of you will say that's rightly so!)... For those of you who might not have seen it, I also did a list on Slashers that aren’t really slashers but are still slashers! Confused? Take a look and see if you agree…


I have a few posts at Retro Slashers, why don't you stop by and give it a looksy?

In Made for TV Mayhem News, I have NO idea how to do screen caps and boy, do I feel stupid. I've been attempting this screen cap feat for a couple of weeks now. I mean, I know my heart is in 1981, but this is ridiculous. I've been holding off on a couple of reviews because there really aren't any images online to use with the movies and I kind of want something to make things look all pretty. I know, I want the world. So, I will keep plugging away but hopefully, I can get these reviews with their proper pictures up soon!

In other news:

The guys at Kindertrauma have an article about their fabulous site in this issue of Geek Monthly, which should be on store shelves NOW. So what are you waiting for? Read about it here. Also, Kinder just turned One Year Old. Please stop by and say congrats on one year of awesomeness!

Anchorwoman in Peril also just turned 1 years old. Wow, was 2008 a great year or what? So stop by and well wish away!

Through the fabulousness of Kindertrauma, I discovered this blog called Dinner with Max Jenke First of all, the tag line of the blog is New Horror Opinions at 80s Prices, so that should give you an idea of what you are in for! There’s some great Made for TV love over there, so go… Go NOW!

And I think that's it for now. Oh yeah, I still love Bert Convy!

1 comment:

Craig Edwards said...

Reading these kinds of posts a few years later is like watching an old newsreel from way back - makes you all nostalgic like!